- Man badly beaten after stealing $2,600 from his employees, confessed that he gave ₦35,000 to his wife & $1,000 to girlfriend
- Photos: FG officially announces closure of Abuja airport
- Nigeria severs diplomatic ties with Taiwan, shuts its Abuja office
- Photos: IDPs sweep and clean their community as they prepare for resettlement in Borno
- First black Polish lawmaker, John Godson visits woman who believed in him while he was growing up
- Donald Duke and wife Onari cause stir with their monster bike at Calabar Bikers Carnival
Aisha Buhari donates money to Gombe blast victims
- Aisha Buhari donates money to Gombe blast victims
President Muhammadu Buhari’s wife,Aisha, has donated an undisclosed amount of money to 48 victims of the recent Gombe bomb blast admitted at the Federal Teaching and Specialists’ Hospital in Gombe.
A member representing Dukku/Nafada Federal constituency of Gombe State, Aisha Jibir, presented the money Saturday in Gombe, on behalf of the first lady.
Ms. Jibir told the victims that she was sent by the president’s wife to commiserate with them and give them a token assistance.
“The president’s wife was told about your conditions and being a caring mother, she decided to assist.
“The amount is just a token to help relieve you of the suffering you are encountering.
“She also prayed for the soul of those that lost their lives in the blast, to rest in peace,” she told the victims.
The medical director of the hospital, Abubakar Sa’ad, commended the president’s wife for reaching out to the affected people.
He said that a total of 48 victims of the blast were receiving and responding to treatment at the hospital.