- Nigeria severs diplomatic ties with Taiwan, shuts its Abuja office
- Photos: IDPs sweep and clean their community as they prepare for resettlement in Borno
- First black Polish lawmaker, John Godson visits woman who believed in him while he was growing up
- Donald Duke and wife Onari cause stir with their monster bike at Calabar Bikers Carnival
- Biggest shopping mall in Benin burns to the ground (photos)
- I am not dumping PDP for APC- Fayose addresses rumors of his planned defection
44 killed in fresh Boko Haram attacks in Borno and Yobe states
- 44 killed in fresh Boko Haram attacks in Borno and Yobe states
In this latest Boko Haram terrorist attack, not fewer than 44 people have lost their lives.. No fewer than 44 people were killed after Boko Haram members attacked some communities in Munguno LGA in Borno state and some other communities in Yobe state this past weekend.
Monguno is the hometown of Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno, who was yesterday July 13th appointed the new National Security Adviser (NSA) to President Buhari.
Borno State Police Commissioner Aderemi Opadokun,while confirming the attacks said in a statement that several houses were burnt in the process
“Information revealed that gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists invaded Kalwa and Gwollam villages in Monguno Local Government Area; many persons were reported killed and several houses burnt. But we assure the public that patrol is in progress in the said area.”the statement read.
A resident in the community and member of the state Vigilante group, Bukar Adamu said some of those killed by the sect members were actually slaughtered like animals.
“Boko Haram terrorists on Friday night attacked Misala and Kalwa, which are two neighbouring villages. The two villages are located not more than 17 kilometre from Monguno town on the way to Marte. They operated for hours on that night while setting houses ablaze; at the end of the deadly operation, 43 persons were found dead either killed by gunshots or slaughtered like animals. They did not stop there, they also attacked some other villages around the area, but luckily those villages were long deserted; so they went ahead to set the house ablaze.”he said