- Nigeria severs diplomatic ties with Taiwan, shuts its Abuja office
- Photos: IDPs sweep and clean their community as they prepare for resettlement in Borno
- First black Polish lawmaker, John Godson visits woman who believed in him while he was growing up
- Donald Duke and wife Onari cause stir with their monster bike at Calabar Bikers Carnival
- Biggest shopping mall in Benin burns to the ground (photos)
- I am not dumping PDP for APC- Fayose addresses rumors of his planned defection
Baby Born Without Limbs in Bauchi
- Baby Born Without Limbs in Bauchi
A baby boy without limbs has been born in Gudun Sayawa, a suburbs of Bauchi Metropolis, Bauchi State.The baby Christened Chongfilawos, was born without limbs with only three fingers jutting out from a shortened arm that is less than two inches each side around his shoulder.
Mother of the child, Blessing Samson, 20, an indigene of Lussa in Bogoro Local Government Area, said she gave birth to the baby on July 4, 2015.
Blessing who resides with her parents, Mr and Mrs Samson Baraya at their family house in Gudun Sayawa, said she delivered at home.
Blessing’s mother Diana her daughter could not be taken to the Primary Health Care centre at Dumi, about three kilometres from Gudun Sayawa, because she experienced labour late night
“My son Chongfilawos is a blessing from God,” Blessing said in an interview with Daily Son. “His birth was easy. When I saw him like this, at first I was not happy but later I prayed and told myself it is the will of God.
“I love him and I will protect him with everything I have,” she said. She said that the father of the child, Jehu Luka, a peasant farmer who lives in Lussa, was away when the baby was born but had come to check his child and left.
I pray God help her raise this child….