- Nigeria severs diplomatic ties with Taiwan, shuts its Abuja office
- Photos: IDPs sweep and clean their community as they prepare for resettlement in Borno
- First black Polish lawmaker, John Godson visits woman who believed in him while he was growing up
- Donald Duke and wife Onari cause stir with their monster bike at Calabar Bikers Carnival
- Biggest shopping mall in Benin burns to the ground (photos)
- I am not dumping PDP for APC- Fayose addresses rumors of his planned defection
CBN and The Secret Hiring
- CBN and The Secret Hiring
I was not surprised when Sahara Reporters broke the new of how Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) recently dubiously and secretly hired over 121 children and relatives of some Politicians, influential Nigerians, including a nephew of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Induction for the new recruits has been stipulated for April 4-5. Between June 2014 and February 2015 CBN secretly recruited 909 staff, in violation of due process and federal character principles. CBN has just responded to this allegation to say “we have had cause to recruit specialists.”
I know some establishments in Nigeria where graduates can never observe the one year NYSC mandatory service without a letter from either a Senator or Top Government Official let alone employment. Few of such Government establishment are: The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).