How To Aim High
If we look into our lives, we will see clearly how many unimportant tasks, so called “responsibilities,” accumulate to fill them up. One master compares them to housekeeping in a dream. We tell ourselves that we want to spend time on the important things of life, but there never is any time.
What is the purpose of my life?
Your life purpose, as distinct from your goals, is ongoing and never-ending. It’s the context for all that you do and for the goals that you set for yourself.
So give yourself some quiet time to probe your inner wisdom with questions such as these — remembering to write down your answers.
- When have I felt good about what I’ve done and felt satisfied afterward?
- What was I doing at those times? What was I up to?
- What was my basic underlying purpose for these activities?
- What difference do I want to make?
- What is the purpose of my life?
Write down whatever occurs to you, no editing — including the last question. Trust the process, have faith, and listen to your inner wisdom.
What’s great about knowing your purpose is that you can consciously act in accordance with it. And one thing I know for sure — the more I’m wasting time doing things that don’t really matter, the more I suffer; and the more I live in alignment with my purpose, the greater my happiness and satisfaction.
- We should always think big and aim high in life: Be also active in your life. Always be persistent. There is no time to be lazy. If you are going to aim high in your life then you should try to eliminate the word ‘lazy’ form your dictionary. You should aim life in all aspects of your life.
- Be brave, be bold, dare and do: Nothing is impossible. No obstacle is insurmountable. It is our thinking that it is insurmountable, but in real life it is not. If only you make up your mind, stay decided and stand firm like a rock, no one can stop you from gaining your goal and crowning yourself with success.
- With hope and faith, do give rein to your vision: Think big and not small. Look ahead and plan well. Have a definite strategy and work according to it, you will definitely succeed in life. Above all, act and work hard. Do not vacillate, do not hesitate and do not rest till the job is done. Know what you want and go after it with single-minded concentration and total resoluteness.
- The past is history. The future is a mystery. The present is a present: So fully utilize the gift(present) and aim high. Aim high in life to become the best.
- Visualize the image of what you would like to become in life: Do you want to be a king, a revolutionary leader, a famous lawyer, a renowned professor, a skilled engineer or a great sports star?
- Be true to your own self. This means that to act in accordance with who you are and what you believe. If you know and love yourself you will find it effortless to be true to yourself. Stand up and show your true inner self to others. Your aspirations may seem mere day dreams and wild castles in the air at the start. Never mind and never fear. What appears impossible today will become a reality tomorrow with your determination, dedication and perseverance. Anything, which you regard now as of great value or accomplishment, was a mere thought, idea, or dream at one time, be it the Taj Mahal or the aeroplane or the atom bomb, or the moon-walk.
- Success comes when get what you want or desire: The starting point, then is to know what you want in life. If you don’t know what you want, the question of getting it does not arise at all. You must, therefore, have a goal, an objective or a target. You decide your goal according to your vision, day dream, inclination, ability, natural skill, knowledge and needs. Aim at the star and shoot high. Never settle for small things. Verily, the sky is the limit for those dare and do.
Always think big and aim high in life. ~ Author: S.Pattavarayan