- Photos from Deji of Akure’s son’s wedding…
- Dr Sid’ Brother, Andrew Esiri and his Fiancee, Pre-Wedding Shoot (photos)
- Tiniest bride has her dream wedding with her over 6ft tall groom
- 11 Nigerian Female Celebrities And Their Expensive Engagement Rings (Photos)
- Nigerian footballer, John Ogu proposes to girlfriend on the pitch
- Exclusive Photos From Dj Xclusive and Tinuke’s White Wedding
I’ll forever miss my late wife, Stella – Obasanjo
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday said he would for the rest of his life continue to miss his late wife,Stella, who died a decade ago.
The former First Lady died on October 23, 2005, during a botched cosmetic procedure in a Spanish hospital in Spain.
While acknowledging that much had been said of his late wife in his book, “My Watch”, Mr. Obasanjo said “she will be dearly missed by me, my family and the Abebe family.”
Also speaking on behalf of the Abebe family of the late Stella, John Abebe narrated fond memories of the Mrs. Obasanjo.
A senator, Ben Bruce, noted that the late Stella Obasanjo was an unusual and global woman who contributed her quota to humanity before her demise.
In his sermon titled, “Keep her Memory Alive”, the presiding preacher, Pastor Yussuf Obaje described Stella as an epitome of womanhood, and urged the family to continue to keep her legacy alive.
The Deputy National Chairman South of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of Ekiti state, Segun Oni, described her as a quintessential woman, noted for humility and integrity.
Mr. Oni, who spoke with journalists at the reception, said his close relationship with the Abebe family gave him the opportunity to understand late Mrs Obasanjo.
Notable among the personalities present at the event include Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Ogun state governor, Ibikunke Amosun, Funso Kupolokun, among others.