- Le Pen: Close all Islamist mosques
- Barack and Michelle Obama all smiles as they step out in Washington, DC
- Postpone your trips to the US if you have no important business there – Abike Dabiri-Erewa counsels Nigerians
- CNN reveals 8 Donald Trump’s ‘interests and ties’ to Russia (Photos/documents)
- Donald Trump responds to Pres. Obama’s claim that he would have won the election if he had contested
- 120 year old virgin monk credits his long life to celibacy
Postpone your trips to the US if you have no important business there – Abike Dabiri-Erewa counsels Nigerians
- Postpone your trips to the US if you have no important business there - Abike Dabiri-Erewa counsels Nigerians
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has advised Nigerians who have no compelling or urgent reason to travel to the US to postpone their travel plans until the new administration’s policy on immigration is clear.
In a statement released today by her media aide, Abdurrahman Balogun, Dabiri-Erewa said that the warning became imperative due to series of reports her office has received in recent times .
“In the last few weeks, the office has received a few cases of Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas being denied entry and sent back to the Nigeria. In such cases reported to the office, such affected persons were sent back immediately on the next available flight and their visas were cancelled”.
Dabiri -Erewa said that “no reasons were given for the decision by the US immigration authorities.”
The Presidential aide said that the statement “is only to advise Nigerians without any compelling or essential reasons to visit the US to consider rescheduling their trip until there is clarity on the new immigration policy.”
She however reminded Nigerians in the Diaspora to abide by the rules and regulations of their host countries and be good ambassadors of the country.