- Man badly beaten after stealing $2,600 from his employees, confessed that he gave ₦35,000 to his wife & $1,000 to girlfriend
- Photos: FG officially announces closure of Abuja airport
- Nigeria severs diplomatic ties with Taiwan, shuts its Abuja office
- Photos: IDPs sweep and clean their community as they prepare for resettlement in Borno
- First black Polish lawmaker, John Godson visits woman who believed in him while he was growing up
- Donald Duke and wife Onari cause stir with their monster bike at Calabar Bikers Carnival
President Muhammadu Buhari Reacts To Boko Haram Attack On Maiduguri Mosque
- President Muhammadu Buhari Reacts To Boko Haram Attack On Maiduguri Mosque
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has strongly condemned the Saturday’s attacks on Maiduguri, the Borno State capital where no fewer than 11 persons were killed.
Buhari in a statement signed by Garba Shehu, the presidency media officer, extended his condolences to the families of the victims.
He affirmed that his administration “will not tolerate wanton and wilful destruction of life by criminal elements that are bent on anarchy.”
Buhari further promised to use all available resources to curb terrorism on the Nigerian soil.
President Buhari described the terrorists as “cowardly murderers that target innocent people” and called local communities to continue their vigilante activities.
He also vowed to motivate the Nigerian soldiers by effectively funding them and attending to their welfares.